As they say, “you get what you pay for”.. Some businesses choose to skimp on their website due to cost, either making their website with a free online service or investing in a low-cost website designer. This can backfire. Below are just a few of the reasons why you should not be skimping on your business website:
- These free and cheap sites may not be entirely secure – since your site is not premium, the security of your website is at risk of hackers who want to exploit your site for malicious reasons.
- May have slow performance – placing a website on a server that is shared with many other sites will slow down your website loading time. Your customers do not want to wait.
- SEO not optimized – SEO is vital to the success of your website. Cheap websites will not rank you as high as you can be with a properly made website. Your business should be credible, relevant and constantly updated – people trust google.
- May not be mobile responsive – today people are looking at your website using all sorts of devices, which in turn means your website is being viewed on different screen sizes. It is very important your website can be viewed by your customers on all these types of devices. Cheap and low-cost websites will not give you this option.
- Poor help & support – these free and cheap websites do not have a strong support system for the questions you may have on the back end or front end of your website.
Contact iTribeMedia to learn more about how we can take your business where you want to go – starting with a brand new website you can be proud of.