I had a friend contact me in regards to a college school project she was working on which had to do with building an effective blog post. My business partner Mike & I came up with some key essentials for putting together the perfect blog post:
- Enticing/Engaging Title – you want to catch new readers/ catch the attention of your current readers. Try to keep it under 120 characters so the article can be easily retweeted and shared.
- Original Content – your own personal thoughts on a subject – be original!
- Valuable Content – make the information worth the readers while!
- SEO Friendly – include words/phrases/keywords that would correlate to your title, then incorporate them into your title/content.
- Make your content short & scannable: short paragraphs, bold, & italics.
- Include a picture to break text – people love pictures.
- Include strategic external links to valuable traffic locations.
- Include internal links – make your site sticky. Keep people on your page.
- Call to action – you want your reader to be able to subscribe to future blog posts
- Use cliffhangers – make your reader want to come back for more!
- Include a CTA (Call To Action) that encourages readers to interact in the comment section.
- Include your contact information/your company’s contact information.
- Interact with users – encourage users to comment, reply to them to make reader feel engaged.
- Share away! – Share your post so everyone can see it – Website, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon, etc…
For future tips subscribe to my blog below!